RAP: The Recreation Afterschool Program.
The Parks and Recreation Department’s popular, fee-based afterschool program, RAP, provides homework assistance, recreation activities, sports, crafts, and special programs to 1st–6th graders at Adams, Monroe, Roosevelt, and Washington Elementary Schools.
RAP begins immediately following the regular school day and operates until 5:30pm, keeping your child active and engaged in healthy, enriching activities while you finish your workday.
Our goal is to provide a supervised, fun program where children can make new friends and hang out with current friends in a relaxed afterschool environment. RAP is intended to offer you convenience, affordability, and safety, along with the knowledge that your child is working on homework and being cared for by highly-trained program staff. Each RAP site has between 3-6 program leaders and one site director with a staff to student ratio of 1:20.
There are six, 30-day sessions in a school year (adding up to 180 school days).
- 30-day session $165 ($5.50 per day, plus the ability to sign up online)
- 10-day drop-in pass $100 ($10.00 per day, no online registration available)
- 1-day drop-in pass $12 ($12.00 per day, no online registration available)
- Limited scholarships are available for families who qualify!
- Register online (only available for 30-day sessions)
- In person at the Carrillo Recreation Center located on 100 E. Carrillo Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Make a payment over the phone by calling the Youth Activities Office at (805) 564-5495